Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thirty is Perty

This past Friday I turned 30, and my super cute sister-in-law wrote the title of this blog entry in my card - which I thought was catchy and fun.

My older sister was, I think, a little disappointed that I wasn't feeling sad or depressed about turning 30, but to me, my birthdays are just days and I don't really get all shook up.
I DO think it's weird that I'm 30. I don't FEEL 30. But, here it is.

Anyway, it was a good weekend all around. I worked all day on my actual birthday. I did have a nice surprise from Dain and D...

The rest of the weekend was nice. We went to a BBQ at my brother-in-law's house on Friday night. We laid low on Saturday, which was wonderful. My parents came up today to take us to lunch at my favorite restaurant and hang around for a bit. It was a perfect, low-key weekend, which is exactly what I wanted.

One highlight: Saturday afternoon we took D over to the splash park in St. Charles that's a step up from the little one in our neighborhood...with 3 splash areas and 1 large sand play area. He had a BALL and I took one of my favorite pictures of him EVER. Doesn't he look HUGE and grown up??? I can't believe he's going to be 2 soon. This makes me feel old. HA - so I guess I do feel old, Theresa. Oh well - thirty is perty!

No comments: