Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hi, my name is Marie...

...and I'm a superhero enabler.

Yes. I have no one to blame but myself.

Allow me to back up. D has been in full time pull-ups since he started potty training. A few weeks in we discovered that the Meijer brand pull-ups had the DC Superfriends on them! (For those of you non-nerdy superhero followers - that's the Batman/Robin/Flash/Green Lantern group of friends).

Needless to say D has been requesting them ever since. He does not like others. (Which was pseudo-upsetting to me for a brief moment since this is not the eco-brand I normally would choose). But I roll with it. It's actually pretty stinking cute when I go to get a new one for him - and D is SUPER excited to see "who's on there" (as they vary).

A few days ago D and I made a trek to our area Meijer for pull-ups. A NATIONAL TRAGEDY was underway. We discovered that Meijer has discontinued the Superfriends design in favor of trucks for boys and something girly for girls. WHAT?!?!? So we found some on clearance on the end rack and scooped them up. One lousy pack.

I was looking at our reserves tonight and decided to go online to see if MAYBE Meijer had their brand on-line for sale.
Yes. They. Do.
AND on clearance - SUPER cheap. So I immediately ordered 6 large packs and am having them shipped to the house.

Is this an enabler move? Maybe. But I could've ordered 20 packs - or whatever - but I didn't. I'm simply making a money-saving decision that just so happens to make my cutie pie nearly-3-year-old giddy with delight.

So, enable I will.

(Yeah it's a sickness, my next post just proves that I may need a group session). :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mommy.