Monday, June 29, 2009

A Whole New Alice

WOWZA! I'm super excited.
Tim Burton, the incredibly talented director is bringing one of my FAVORITE stories of all time to the big screen for the first time in many years...ALICE IN WONDERLAND.

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass is one of my favorite books of all time. It's one that I re-read every so many years because I love it so much. I have seen virtually every adaptation that's been on video and love most of them...though I'm partial to Disney's and the made-for-TV version that came out in 1985 (starring Ann Jillian, one of the Bridges brothers, Sammy Davis Jr, and Scott Baio to name a few). I bought that on DVD for myself a few years ago because it's so great.

You may remember an early post of mine - when D was still supposed to be a girl - on wanting to decorate the nursery with an Alice motif. Someday my friends...someday.

I found out a while back about Burton's version - which should be incredible. His work is always very dark and artistic. Here are some comparison shots released today! (From book to Disney to BURTON).

Alice


Queen of Hearts


Tweedle Dee/Tweedle Dum


Mad Hatter (yes that's Johnny Depp!)


The White Queen (left out of Disney's version)


WONDERLAND (Burton's only)

Maybe this will be my first movie in the theater since D was born...hello March 2010!

No comments: