Sunday, July 26, 2009

Arty Art Art



This weekend was the Geneva Art Fair (in my town of Geneva). It's an amazing street-long string of exhibits and booths full of amazing art from all over the country! Artists that work with 2D and 3D mediums of all kinds come to display their works and I always love to meander through and be inspired.
Dain always goes along for the walk...even though he's not an "artsy" type...I think he likes to support my interest and loved taking advantage of a walk on a beautiful day.
I've always considered myself artistic in one fashion or another. Both traditional and performance art have been interests of mine from a young age. Touring the booths made me feel the urge to grab a brush, pair of scissors, a camera and my editing software, needle & thread or pencil and paper and create.
My free time is limited these days - and I am not ready to trade in any of my moments with D that I already do to go to work for 11+ hours a day, 5 days a week. My evenings and weekends I want to soak in every last drop of baby time I can. However, I can't wait for the day that D can work on projects with me. For now I settle for taking as many photos of him as I can, and using him as inspiration for artwork in his room or for creative writing. But someday soon that kid is going to have a paintbrush, glob of clay, or felt and glue and we're gonna go to town!!!

No comments: