Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sing It

I love The Sing Off.
Seriously - love.

Last season was good. But last night's opener for season two was phenomenal. And the group "The Whiffenpoofs" (acappella group from Yale) was my FAVORITE by a landslide (though I did love several others).

They immediately took me back to watching "The Other Guys" - a similar type group that is at U of I that I saw while my sister was a student there - and my parents have since become huge fans of - even owning CD's. I expected something like what I'd seen in the past. I did not, however, expect to hear one of my favorite songs done in such an amazing way.

Granted, if you were not familiar with the song "Grace Kelly" by Mika - you may have been a bit confused or thrown off by the performance. I was stunned and thrilled simultaneously. I LOVED what they did with it. I've watched the video a ton of times, saved my DVR'd episode mostly for this performance, and have shared my love for this on Facebook.

I can't help but share the full performance here as well. Maybe it's my theatrical background. Maybe it's my love of offbeat music. Maybe it's my appreciation of music and arts. Maybe it's my love of Mika. Any way you slice it - it's love. I LOVE this performance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I loved the performance. It does remind us of the other guys. Would love to see them again.

Anonymous said...

Keeping in mind I seriously love that song... How did they possibly made it gayer?

Anonymous said...

*make