Thursday, February 10, 2011

March of Dimes - March for Babies

You may have noticed the little icon that I added on your right...that's because the March of Dimes March for Babies is coming up in April - and once again I'll be participating.

D was a preemie - born at 34 weeks. We were lucky - he was relatively fine. He spent a week in the Special Care/NICU getting bigger and healthier. It was the hardest week of my life. It brings tears to my eyes remembering him in his isolette, and seeing him having a Bradying episode the day before he was to be released. I still to this day can't imagine what it must be like to be handed your baby after you deliver, and get to keep them in the room with you. I hope to someday know. But for now - I realize how much I learned from D's birth - and how much I learned about myself during those first two months of hauling an apnea monitor with me and my newborn everywhere we went.

I love the idea of the March for Babies - raising money for the prevention and awareness regarding premature births. I loved participating last year. Dain, D and I completed the more than 6 mile trek and had a great time. This year it's only 3.2 miles I believe - and we would love to have you join us to walk, or would appreciate any/all donations (though please do not feel obligated). I simply am happy to share the news about this amazing organization and this great event.

No comments: