Monday, September 26, 2011

Moving Forward...

I guess part of me hasn't wanted to blog since my last post. I didn't want to move the post about my grandma any further down the run. Like if I do - it's a metaphor for me having to accept it and move on. And...I am not ready for that reality.

I find myself just checking the "My Chummie" post or looking at the beautiful cards and two roses on my windowsill to remember that it's even a reality that my grandma has even passed.

Like it or not though, life is moving on. No one reminds me of that more everyday than D. He doesn't stop moving for anyone or anything. And he's always kept me on point that way. My natural tendencies to wallow or get depressed are squashed with the little light that I have by my side.

This post doesn't really have a point. I think it's just ripping off the band-aid. Moving me forward. And there's so much I have coming up that I love:

D's THIRD birthday (I refuse to accept this reality as well) is coming up. We're starting party plans and birthday present purchases.
Halloween is immediately after that, and my FAVORITE holiday. And D's costume - SPOILER ALERT - The Flash, is on the way.
After that - my anniversary, Thanksgiving and the holiday season will be around the corner. Shopping for my family/friends presents is one of my favorite yearly activities.

So I'm bravely clicking the "Publish Post" button, and putting this post into cyberspace. Moving forward - but never forgetting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two incredibly beautifully written posts!