Monday, September 12, 2011

Walk for Hope - take 3

On October 1st - Dain, D and I will be participating, for the 3rd year, in the Walk for Hope to benefit Mutual Ground - a shelter that provides free services to victims of domestic and sexual abuse.

Both Dain's family and my family have been affected by domestic abuse. We are walking once again with "Team Andrea" a group formed in memory and honor of Dain's cousin who lost her life as a victim of domestic abuse.

Please see the site below where I'm managing my fundraising efforts (you may have to cut and paste), which also includes further information on Mutual Ground. Any donations are tax deductible and can be made on the website - or I can accept cash/check donations as well.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/marie-meyer/walkforhope

Please do not feel obligated to donate - I, once again, just wanted to spread the word about this great place that could possibly be a safe haven to someone you may know that may also be affected.

No comments: