Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Childhood Rabbits?

In the grand tradition of other holidays since having my little bookworm, I plan to get him a book for part of his Easter present. I want to try to find a rabbit/bunny/eastery-animal book that's not Easter-themed. I want a book I don't have to put away for the holidays but that still follows a theme.

There are SEVERAL books on my "wish list" of childhood books - but none really fit the bill besides "The Little Duck" - but that may not peak his interest just yet. So - I'm in a search for others.

So far I've come across a few that look cute - but I have a bad feeling I'm forgetting an old favorite or something. (Besides "Little Rabbit's Loose Tooth" which I've already got).

Anyone? Anyone?
Does anyone know "Knuffle Bunny", "Hey Rabbit" or "My Friend Rabbit"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's another great book called "The Easter Egg Tree" It was published in the 1950s. Karen Skaggs was in the store yesterday and we were talking about it.

skyewriter said...

Well, _The Velveteen Rabbit_ is my all-time favorite, but again, maybe a bit too soon for your little D.