Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Coffee Talk

I vaguely remember my post in October 2008, just before D was born 5.5 weeks premature. It was "Political Coffee" which was about the 7-Eleven coffee cups for the Obama/McCain presidential race.

This morning on my way into work, after a stop to gas up the old Prius, I went into 7-Eleven for a cup of my favorite beverage, COFFEE! I used to drink the coffee at work - but no one cleans the pot EVER besides me, and keeping creamer in the fridge there is a bit of a challenge since we have a dorm fridge for 25 people. So I typically pick up a cup of joe. I hardly ever stop at 7-11 though.

This morning I saw a display of cups entitled "Cup With a Cause" that were had an amazingly artistic design. For $1.79 I could get my giant coffee in one of the designed cups while donating to charity. I was in!
This cup was to benefit the Richie-Madden Children's Foundation - YES - as in Nicole Richie and Joel Madden...and it just started yesterday!The Richie-Madden Children’s Foundation is dedicated to bringing meaningful opportunities to children in the U.S. and abroad, while also striving to bring light and laughter into their lives through unique entertainment and special events. We want to do more than write checks. We hope our support will shine a spotlight on important issues facing children and will inspire and educate the public, especially young people, to get involved.

It turns out the 7-Eleven Cup With a Cause program will be bringing celebrity-designed cups into 7-Elevens throughout the country, all to benefit a cause of their choice. The charity will receive $250,000. The Richie-Madden Children's Foundation seems to be the first one - as the website has a spot for pictures of all the cups - and that's the only one up so far, with lots of spots marked "coming soon".
You can learn more at www.cupwithacause.com or just go into your local 7-Eleven and feel good about yourself just for grabbing your normal cup of coffee.

No comments: