Monday, June 14, 2010

Or Not

Yeah - after 6 hours with NO response from my pediatrician's office - I loaded D up to go to Prompt Care to get him looked at.

Turns out - it's not chickenpox.
But it's something kinda like it.

What it is - not sure. Even the doctor wasn't really sure. He suggested it could be a version of Coxsackie virus - which I don't really think it is. Because that's a hand, foot and mouth virus and he's got only one spot that hits any of those areas. Plus all the things he listed about that virus are not really the case - except for the fact that he's not really got any other real trouble symptoms...besides a slight fever (barely noticeable to him though). And from the research I've done - it is totally opposite of what this doctor said. I don't know.

He wasn't even sure. And why is it that nothing that's wrong with this kid is ever 100% positively something?

No one knew why he had a bradying issue in the hospital after he was born. No one knew what was causing his high fever that scared the crap out of me when he was about 5-6 months. No one knew why he had RSV symptoms that weren't RSV. He never "acts" sick - so there's never a good indicator to anyone, including us, as to what's wrong. So this is another question mark.

The good news is, he feels pretty good. A little tired, but good. And the doc assured me that he's probably not even contagious and will be fine for everything within a few days - although we're still keeping him home this week with a myriad of babysitters. He'll love getting time with his uncles and aunt and grandma, etc. So - not all bad I guess.

I still wouldn't mind a 2nd opinion. But as long as he still acts fine and this doesn't spread and he doesn't get a huge fever I'm okay - I just want him to feel/look better. OUT DAMN SPOT(s)!

No comments: