Thursday, May 24, 2012

New/Old Love of Dr. Seuss

We've slowly been reliving as many as possible of the old Dr. Seuss hits.  And...I have OF COURSE been loving it!

Here's a few hits...some that I'd darn near forgotten about (all of which D loves):





Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb was a hit from my youth that I'm so thrilled that D got a kick out of.  It's so simple - but so cute.  The monkeys drumming and multiplying page by page are so brilliant. 

In a People House I didn't remember from my childhood - but Dain's family had it and D took to it immediately in his very early years.  We've recently checked it out from the library again to relive the fun.  Just a great book to go over simple items found around the house.

The Eye Book might have been D's FAVORITE book at about age 1, and still holds a special place in our hearts.  It's just things you can see - reviewed by a boy and a rabbit, but it's a classic.  He would "read" it to us starting at about 2 - because he had it memorized.

Marvin K Mooney Will You Please Go Now has recently become a hit.  I remembered it fondly, much like Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb from my youth.  I love it just as much as I did then I think!  I do wonder though - if it's not the best book for manners.  Yes, they say please - but the book's giant-handed narrative voice is just wanting this poor little guy to LEAVE no matter what means possible.  Not so nice.  But so cute!

The Shape of Me... is our most recent fav.  I didn't know this one either, or didn't remember it.  But it's possibly the cutest one, with the best message.  The graphics are all done as silhouettes, and there's tons of shapes discussed - but the message of the book is that no matter what shape you are, be happy with the shape you're in.

MAN I love everything Dr. Seuss!

No comments: