Monday, April 21, 2008

Along Came Petunia

I'm pregnant.
WEIRD!
Yeah - it's weird to type those words.

So here I am, all knocked up and nowhere to go. So - I thought I'd share how I came to discover that I have Petunia (named by my sister) growing inside of me.

My husband and I have been together for 10 years. Yes, a decade. We met while we were both students at Bradley University. (A WONDERFUL place that changed my life in many ways). After we had both graduated, we got engaged a year later, and married a year after that. We've been happily married for 4 1/2 years.

Of course in that time the "when are you guys going to have a baby?" question came up more often than anything else. But, after a few times of answering that we were in no rush - they slowed. I've always been a fairly non-traditional person, and whipping out several kids right away wasn't really in my game plan. Everyone started assuming we were just enjoying our time together and it would be awhile.

What you didn't know was that we talked about it...several times. Nothing came of most of the conversations - but we knew that it would someday when money/time/the moon aligned. Finally after I got a new job with a nicer paycheck, and Dain got a new job with a nicer paycheck as well - we started talking again. Not that money is important, trust me I'm the least material person you may meet, but it was important to know that we wouldn't have to have our child grow up in a refrigerator box. So after New Year's we thought "this could be the year."

It is! 2008 is the Year of Petunia! Here's what we saw (twice) on Easter Sunday!

So - here begins Petunia. I have my first prenatal appointment on Wednesday. It should be exciting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Inigo and sweet Petunia! I love you both so much!