Thursday, April 24, 2008

And the Doctor Said...

I had my first prenatal appointment with my doctor last night.  All is confirmed...it's a baby!

I got a bag full of goodies, a bunch of questions answered, and an order to go to the hospital next week to get the ultrasound and bloodwork.
I was a little disappointed that they didn't do the ultrasound right there, and I think Dain was too...but we will get to see it soon enough.  The thing I'm NOT looking forward to is the bloodwork, yipes!  I'm not the best when it comes to having blood drawn.  Let's just say that as a senior in high school I donated blood at the Red Cross Blood Drive - and the nurses told me not to come back!  That's when you know it's serious.

Hopefully I will have a picture of Petunia to post soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? We have to wait to see Petunia??? Get over to that hospital pronto missie and get a photo of that little munchkin!

I was amazed when we had ours of Amelia at 9 weeks that she was moving around -- amazing that the creature is a human at that stage.

Love to Petunia, and, oh yeah, to you too.

Anonymous said...

I was amazed at Joey too. Although he looked more like a bean with a small pulse than anything else. Who knew he would grow into such a large, terrorizing toddler with an affinity for biting? (tee hee) Ahhh Inigo. The joys of motherhood that you will come to embrace.

Anonymous said...

I've never really seen an ultrasound of a baby... but I can't wait!! I'm also super excited to see your belly button! Congrats again... I'm SO happy for you and I promise to keep it hush hush!!