Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Congrats Ev & Marcy!

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend got engaged last week! I'm so happy for them!
I can't wait to start talking wedding plans with Marcy. I LOVE helping with details...it's such a creative, personalized process and I just love seeing people's "vision" come to realization. This makes me think that I should be in event planning - which is a blog for another time.

Here they are...



Dain and I obviously wanted to get them something for their engagement...and I was thrilled that we collaborated on a "homemade" gift! I love making things - crafty and otherwise. I've made jewelry, scrapbooks, growth charts, lampshades, clocks, jewelry boxes, latchook rugs, Christmas stockings, calendars, you name it!

My dad has been making bean bag game boxes for a few years - and gave us a set last Christmas. I don't know how he got his hands on the plans - but he gets requests for them right and left! Dain always wanted to start some kind of handyman woodworking project - especially since he worked for a tool accessory company for so long. So he got the plans and we went to Home Depot - and he had them built on a Saturday. They looked great and I'm super impressed with Dain's craftsmanship! We decided this would be the perfect gift for Evan and Marcy - since they are a lot like us and have friends they'll entertain frequently. To personalize these wooden gems - Dain asked me to draw and paint the St. Louis Cardinals STL logo on the fronts. So I sat down the next Saturday morning and freehanded the logo and then painted it in.

I think they turned out AMAZING...and Evan and Marcy loved them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you and Dain needs to start a business! Those look awesome! I would like to place my order for Cubs ones. And since I'm sure Dain is not allowed to have anything Cubs related in the house, Bears would be okay too.
Seriously, I would pay for those things! They look great!