Thursday, September 17, 2009

Eco Toys for D

Since day one of baby D...and even day one of Boogie in the womb - I wanted to go the most eco-friendly and organic route possible. Obviously within reason - but I'd say we have done great at keeping unnecessary chemicals at bay.
From pure rubber pacifiers to cloth diapers to organic linens to wooden/natural toys and the purest bottles possible. I have been supported by most for my decisions - however I've gotten disbelieving/skeptical comments from a few about my decisions from others. Either way, I feel good about how things have gone...and I'm entering a whole new realm now with my nearly-one-year-old!

D's graduating to a whole new set of interests which are slowly outgrowing his old toys. He does have a few things he's grown into - including a great wooden puzzle, wooden stacking rings, and new nesting blocks. I am, however, excited about his upcoming birthday and Christmas season - for the new toys that will come his way. He's SO amazing to watch with toys, food, ANYTHING these days. His mind is constantly going, and so is HE!
I've succeeded in finding a whole new set of eco-friendly and natural/safe toys that I am officially filing in my mind (and on this blog) as must-haves for his next phase. I can already tell he'd love the following:

Solid Drum from Plan Toys


EverEarth Ramp Racer

Little Sapling Toys Wooden Car, Bridge & Tunnel Set

Kettler Go-Green Trike w/ Handle

Plan Toys Sorting Bus

Sevi Xylophone Eco-Friendly

AND MANY MORE TO COME (that I don't have time to look up photos of and post right now)!
Not only do I LOVE that these are all eco-friendly and toxin free, but something in me just LOVES wooden toys. I think it's the same part of me that loves vintage items, old houses, antiques, etc. There's something that's so simple and pure about wooden toys that I love, and they seem so sustainable and hearty.
Whew - I better just stop looking and start making some money so I can buy some of this! :)

No comments: