Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gettin Schooled

Has anyone seen the new show on MTV "Get Schooled"?

YEAH. I don't see much live TV anymore - everything is on DVR and it takes me forever to get to it. I did, however, catch most of this new show by accident this evening.

This show is a reality show - following a few people per episode and their amazing "livin' the dream" jobs that they got through sticking with their education. The three people I saw: a girl that works for LeBron James in marketing, a guy that is Kelly Clarkson's music director, and a girl that is a speechwriter for President Obama. I only saw the beginning but they were all saying - I stuck with school and now I'm doing my dream job.

Ummm...WHAT? I stuck with school. I did well. I want MY dream job! There's only like 5 of the jobs they are showing in the United States...and I guess MTV is trying to make it seem like if you don't drop out of high school you can be Kate Hudson's freaking personal stylist, the PR director for Jay Z, etc.

I guess I'm jaded when it comes to having a dream job...but come on MTV. Let's see what these people really went through to get these jobs. And then, let's get me one.

No comments: