Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentiney

Oh you who know me know that I'm not in to Valentine's Day...or most extreme holiday celebrations (minus Halloween, which I love!). However - this year I decided I at least need to get something for my little Valentiney!

Of course - the number one thing in D's life are books. So - his gift seemed natural. However, I didn't know HOW great of a present I'd find until I realized that one of his favorite book series' has a love-themed book.

The "How Do Dinosaurs ________" books are hilarious and D really likes them. Mostly he likes that he knows dinosaurs, knows what dinosaurs say (just ask him!), and knows there are mommies and daddies in most of the books too. (HUMAN parents for the dinosaurs no less).

Here's what we bought D for Valentine's Day...and I broke down and read it to him tonight to soothe his crabbiness as a result of more teething. It worked (along with a touch of Motrin to help the poor guy). It worked and he loved it so much that after the FOURTH time through it I put it up and had to distract him with a different old favorite book.

I don't know if we'll get him anything else. After the success of this gift...who needs anything else? :)

1 comment:

Mim said...

Ahh, LOVE the dinosaur books. Joey's current fave is "How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food" which has helped greatly both with table manners and his pickiness. LOVE IT.