Friday, May 7, 2010

Word Update

My little chatterbox never ceases to amaze me with new words and what he'll repeat! He repeats a LOT but they don't make it into his everyday vernacular. He does have quite a list of regular words though - and here's a catch-up:

Mama :)
Dada
Hi
Buh-Bye
No (this is most frequent)
Yeah
Go Dog Go (as in the book)
Emma/AJ (two of my babysitter's kiddos)
Juice
Bah-ball (baseball) & Ball
Car
T (ha - yes he still loves the T)
Key (kitty)
Ni-Ni (night night)
Shoes
Hot Dog (likes them - but mostly because of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)
Oh or Ooooh
Wow
In
Out
Ah Duh (all done)
Shhh :)

There's probably tons more - I'll let Dain comment on here to tell you what he remembers too.

I will say that the kid knows WAYYYYY too much - he understands everything - knows characters (mostly TV sadly), animals, animal sounds, body parts, colors, etc. He knows exactly what we're talking about most of the time...follows instructions, can point out most anything you ask, and I'm just waiting for the real-song singing. He loves music - he dances, claps, etc - and will sing nonsense babbling - but I think he'll be doing real songs in his own version soon.

I just can't believe my baby does all this already!

2 comments:

dsm ii said...

tonight's addtion: The Gun Show

Mim said...

Wait until he joins the ranks of Joey, who now says "see ya later, sucka" when we pass cars on the freeway.