Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh No, the Big 3-0

That's right...the hubster turned 30 on Saturday. Wowzer.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not the kind of girl that FREAKS over age 30 or even thinks that's old...I'm just traveling back in time in my mind to when I DID think 30 was old...to that 18 year old girl that met 19 year old Dain in her freshman year of college. I remember just wishing back then that I would be with him for the rest of the semester - let alone watching him blow out the candles on his 30th birthday cake while holding our 4 month old son. Some days I can't believe how time has flown...and how lucky I've been to spend every one of Dain's birthdays with him since we met.

So - Happy 30 Dain! You're old. (Oh...oh wow...maybe I do think it's a little old...) :)



Here's the mixed media art that D and I made for Dain for his b-day (that I'm not totally happy with):

4 comments:

marcy said...

woo hoo 30 yr old bain!!!!! i like bain being 30. he's my oldest "sibling" hahah he will love that. also I LOVE THAT ARTWORK!!!!! SO creative. you're fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dain! The big 3-0 is NOT old. Just wait until you're as old as me. Or better yet, as old as Matt. HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Stephanie Wells said...

I like the artwork! And FOR THE RECORD-- Regarding the previous blog entry: Yes, we were fed as children.... I was trying to joke around like we do all the time about our childhood... I guess the joking-ness doesn't come through so well in type-format. Apparently I hurt some feelings :)

Sara T said...

Happy big 30 Dain. I hope you enjoyed your day with your family. Kerry turned the big 3-1 this year. I will always be younger than him. He he he!! Then he says he will get to retire first though.