Sunday, April 26, 2009

First Food!

WE DID IT!! After thoughtful planning and seeing months of our little man longingly watch us eat...tonight was the night for D to have his eating debut!!

We started with Earth's Best Organic Peas. I wanted to make my own food for his first meal - but these organics are closest to the real thing - and with work all week, running around yesterday and his 6 months photos today(!) I didn't get a chance. But, I gave the peas a taste test and they were pretty good! (I do love peas, unlike Dain who was disgusted).

D took to eating like he'd been doing it all along. A few frowny faces at first, but then just went to town. He didn't even get messy! He played for a while afterwards, nursed, and now is sleeping. Catnaps before tubby time and bedtime are his favorite.

Here's how the debut looked: (And if you watch the full video you'll realize that Penny cuts the cheese when she jumped up to glance out the window at the neighbor dogs. I watched it and realized that Dain added a "pop up" to indicate where it happens. Sorry mom, it's disgusting to laugh at I know :) If you didn't know it happened, you'd just hear Dain and I laughing about it).

No comments: