Monday, April 6, 2009

March for Babies

I was shopping with my mom & sister this weekend. My sister wanted to get some maternity clothes - so we headed to the outlet store where I got many of mine. This was fine with me as I needed a new nursing bra anyways (sorry if this is too much info boys) and they sell great ones there!

At the checkout - I saw little March of Dimes fundraiser $1 keychains - so I was going to buy one. I totally support March of Dimes - and their research regarding preemies, etc. HELLO I had a preemie - though you wouldn't know it now.
Anywho - the saleswoman pointed out these super cute bracelets that they also had for $1 - and said how she bought them as favors for a baby shower for her niece recently and they were a huge hit. The full dollar goes to March of Dimes, the store doesn't take any of the money. So - I bought one, and I love it. I also love Destination Maternity for selling these items.

I looked up March of Dimes this morning at work and saw that there is a March for Babies on April 26th in my area!! I want to DO this!!! Anyone want to join?!? It's a 6.4 mile "march" for babies - I believe along the Fox River - and you're encouraged to BRING your baby...this means my little preemie can come too.

For more info on the amazing work of the March of Dimes - go to their website: March of Dimes

No comments: