Thursday, October 22, 2009

Milk it

D's a year old on Sunday...WHAT?!? Yeah, 12 months old. Yipes! Who can believe it?

And, I have made it through 12 months of breastfeeding. WHAT?!? Who can believe THAT? Especially coming from the girl that spent a day on my first week home with D in the lactation consultant's office bawling my eyes out...and the girl that had to pump and give an ounce after every feeding for my preemie for his first few months at home...and the girl that pounded Fenugreek...and the girl that lived and breathed by how things went with the breastfeeding group.
More significantly, it's the same girl who went back to work when her baby was 9 weeks old and had to pump at least twice a day at work during her full time job over an hour from home everyday in order to keep up with her baby's needs. That girl, ME, made it to 12 months.

I can't believe I made it to my ultimate goal. I figured I would have had to abandon it a long while ago. And now it turns out I'm not even done yet! I am slowing down though. I'm beginning the slow process of abandoning my pump. I will continue to breastfeed as I can from home at night, and in the night (because my child never sleeps). I will see how long it lasts.

D can now try cow's milk products, and he did just that yesterday. We introduced YoBaby organic baby yogurt...and he loved it.
YoBaby yogurt is made by Stonyfield Farm, the leading organic yogurt manufacturer, committed to healthy food, healthy people, and a healthy planet.

The next thing coming up is milk - Organic whole milk. I'm adding a LITTLE to each of D's bottles (need it anyways, as I can't keep up anymore). We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping that his eczema doesn't get worse and it turns out to have been a dairy intolerance. Maybe he'll love it.
He probably will.

2 comments:

Sara T said...

Congratulations that is awesome for both of you!!! Happy 1st Birthday D. I hope you enjoy your big day. I can't wait to see pictures.

Mim said...

Joey loved Yo Baby when he was that age. I used to mix a little in with his rice cereal.