Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Walk for Hope

A few weeks ago I sent out an e-mail to family/friends about sponsoring my little family and I in the "Walk for Hope" - - here's what I sent...see the link on the side for more info or for a direct link to my fundraising site:

On October 17th Dain, D and I will be participating in the Walk for Hope to benefit Mutual Ground - a shelter that provides free services to victims of domestic and sexual abuse.

Both Dain's family and my family have been affected by domestic abuse.
I am walking with "Team Andrea" a group formed in memory and honor of Dain's cousin who lost her life as a victim of domestic abuse.

Please see the site below where I'm starting my fundraising efforts which also includes further information on Mutual Ground. Any donations are tax deductible, and can be made on the website - or I can accept cash/check donations as well.

http://www.firstgiving.com/mariemeyer

Please do not feel obligated to donate - I also just wanted to spread the word about this great place that could possibly be a safe haven to someone you may know that may also be affected.

No comments: