Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thump & Bump

I had my 12 week doctor appointment yesterday. I went in under the impression that I was just going to get weighed again (lost 1 pound, all that throwing up didn't do that much eh?), pee in a cup of course, and then chat with the doctor about my ultrasound that I got after my last in-office appointment.
To my surprise the nurse brought me in the room, and asked me to lay down. I was so confused - but did it anyway. Here she comes with what looks like a little white walkman with a microphone attached. She plopped the mic down on my stomach and right away I hear BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. My baby's heartbeat!! She didn't even have to search around for it. That was strong! I was so excited and teary - and she just smiled while she counted beats with her watch. And then, she took the little white walkman away - and told me the normal heart rate is between 130 and 170. Petunia came in at about 160. I wanted to hear more - but that was that I guess. I have to tell you, it was so amazing though.

Everything else checked out great. My pee, blood and ultrasound were all normal. I asked questions about what was going on with me, and if it was normal that I was wearing maternity pants - and apparently it is. So HOORAY!


And on the subject of my stomach - I've been instructed to put up a picture of my growing bump. So, here I am at 12 1/2 weeks.

Pardon my appearance - but I'm in my comfy pants for the night, and have no make-up on and a "I've been laying on the couch" ponytail. (On second thought, this is frequently how I look!) I pulled my shirt tighter on the other side - and it's not the most accurate photo (I look bigger in real life) - but I like that Daisy is in the background...her paw is all better by the by!

No comments: