Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wowzer - It's Real

So we had the first ultrasound appointment on Saturday morning, and all I knew before going in was that I had to drink 32 oz. of water within an hour - without throwing up or peeing!! That was a true test of my limits...but somehow I pulled it off.

Dain and I had to go to the hospital for the ultrasound, as they're not done in my doctor's office. We got there at about 8:50 for our 9:00 appointment. Within just a few minutes I was in an ultrasound office with gel on my stomach and an instrument being pushed around while black and white images showed on the little screen. The technician took about a million "pictures" of my insides - then said it was time to see the baby.

Holy amazingness. There was Petunia. He/she was a perfect image of a little tiny person - with limbs and all. We saw the flicker of the heartbeat - and even saw him/her bouncing around! It was truly one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had.

So - here's baby!

(For those who can't see it - the head is on the right - arms and legs showing. The bright spot is where the flicker of the heartbeat was!)

4 comments:

Stephanie Wells said...

Hey niece or nephew! Looks like a good one! How many cm is it?

Marie Boian-Meyer said...

I'm not sure of the actual length as she didn't say - though I know around now the baby is about an inch and a half.
The heartbeat was 163 beats per minute!

Stephanie Wells said...

Isn't it crazy that a person 1.5 inches has a circulatory system for a heart to pump blood through already??? SO cool.

Anonymous said...

it looks like a little froggie!! i'm so excited! :D