Thursday, October 9, 2008

Babysitters Club

I'm VERY excited to report that we have a potential daycare!!

Dain's old co-workers SWORE by this woman in Roselle who was SUPER UNBELIEVABLY affordable. When I first found out about Boogie - I asked him to find out her name and info. He tried, but they thought she was full - and one of his old co-workers was trying for #2 and wanted to keep that in mind for this woman as well...
Fast forward to last week. Dain gets an e-mail from one of his old co-workers (they keep in touch) and she reported that her daycare lady's DAUGHTER was going to start doing daycare out of her home as well. Apparently she was just as fabulous, had 3 kids of her own, a big house, and had become friends with this woman at Dain's old work as a result of helping with her mother's daycare. I immediately called her.

After chatting on the phone - I was very excited that she and I got along famously, and she was EXTREMELY affordable compared to the other research I'd done. She even was on board with cloth diapers! In addition, we had a "personal reference" which was really important to me...and her location is reasonable considering where Dain and I work.
SO - we're meeting with her next Sunday. I'm so excited. This has been something that's been really worrying me. I have several other possibilities that I've called - but none were this affordable or personally recommended. I'm hoping that we're as impressed with the situation in person...wish me luck!

Of course - when I wrote the title to this blog - I was immediately sent back in time to thinking about some of my favorite books - The Babysitters Club series! I was obsessed with these in my youth - and my friend and I (like every other young group of girls in our generation) even were going to start our own club! We would swap the books, and LOVED it when the videos came out! I'm now singing the theme song from the show/videos out loud at my desk....GREAT.
Here - relive the past with me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's wondeful Inigo. I know that we had a rough time of it deciding what to do with Joey, and ended up with some not-too-great options before we found the one we liked. This is a really important decision, and being comfortable with who is watching Boogie for you during the day will give you more piece of mind than anything else. Wonderful news!