Sunday, October 19, 2008

Shower #2

I'm BACK!
I decided I needed to get a post up about my 2nd baby shower - held on October 11th at my sister Theresa's house.

It was a great time - and once again - everything was amazing. My mom and sister planned an entire pumpkin theme - complete with a pumpkin dessert that was one of the best things I've ever had. (A good new recipe mom - keep that one!). Here are me and the hostesses. (Not our best photo).

My mom's side of the family were almost all in attendance. Her 4 sisters, my cousins, and some of their kids were there. My grandma Chummie came up...Dain's mom, Denise, and I rode down together. One of my best friends Molly even came as well, and brought her little 3 girls! Here's Molly & I - followed by a shot of her youngest, Cora, enjoying the party.

We played some very cute games, including guess the baby food, guess the baby POOP (candy bar), and a timed game of me hanging cloth diapers on a line - as my sister is convinced that these are a stupid idea and uses every chance possible to make it seem like it's going to be horrible :)
The 9 kids in attendance kept busy playing upstairs and down - and Amelia and Molly's 2 older girls played dress up. Here's Amelia:

Once again - I'm so grateful to have these people in my life. I received some wonderful gifts for Boogie - including adorable clothes, cloth diapers, toys, bath gear, and books. It was a wonderful day. Thanks to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are getting so big! I wish more than anything I could have been there to celebrate your special day Marie. It looks like it was so much fun! :)

Stephanie Wells said...

Wow, Molly looks so different than the blond I met at your wedding! Amelia looks adorable as always-- and you look ready to have a kid! Get that kid out! Geez one month left; can you believe it???