Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nicknamed Baby REVISED

So, clearly D is a nickname. You may remember the struggles we went through trying to decide what to call our little man. However, D won out and now I can't imagine him as anything else. In fact, I can't even imagine him as a "Dain" even though that's his true name...because I've gotten so used to him as D.

This doesn't mean that we don't refer to our little boy with a barrage of stupid nicknames. We do. These things always fly out of people's mouths. It's how Penny became Penzoil for a while...

Here's a list of some that we've used or that others have called D since birth:
-Archie
-Baby
-Boogie (CLEARLY!)
-Bear
-Boy
-Buddy
-Buster Brown
-Cutie (guess who that was)
-D 3
-D for 3
-D-Man
-D-Money
-Dain-o-saur
-Diesel
-Dizzy Dain
-Fatty (that's me too!)
-Flopsy
-Little Boy Blue
-Little Nugget
-Mr. D
-Poops
-Tiny
AND
-Squirtle

Yep - I call him Squirtle alot. I guess it started with Squirt...then evolved as I'd heard the word Squirtle before. Turns out I remembered it from the summer I was a nanny and the kids watched Pokemon. Squirtle is a turtle, and I didn't know what he looked like - but he's ADORABLE and Dain even thinks they look alike! Here's a glimpse of his action-figure.

I like it!

4 comments:

dsm ii said...

Um, not to start a fight by commenting on your blog (this would be the nerdiest we've had), but I was the one who started calling him Squirtle. I forgive you for not giving me credit...you're not getting much sleep.

marcy said...

ok i'm a lil sad aunt marcys way creative nickname of "tiny" isn't on here! you know how sensitive i am about nicknames! also, i'm pretty sure uncies evie and moida were calling him DIII but i don't know if you want to include that! :) LOVE YOUUUUU!

Marie Boian-Meyer said...

Dain = wrong.

Marcy - I fixed the list. I thought of a few more that are frequently used as well!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but how quickly we forget that I called him my "little nugget" at Christmas. I see how I rank.