Saturday, January 17, 2009

Song Sung

I sing to D...a LOT. I think that's just something a lot of people do around babies.

For D it's a soother (he can't tell that I don't have a good voice). It helps him fall asleep, calms him when he's (rarely) fussy, and sometimes just makes him smile.

I try to vary the songs a little. We were on an exclusive regimen of holiday music for awhile. I try to do bath songs during tubby time (Rubber Ducky, Splish Splash, etc).

However, there's one song I sing on repeat. I sing it to him every day and usually have to go through it about 4 times a night before his eyes fade enough to go down in the bassinet. It's a song I've sung for years in the shower or to myself. I have no idea why this song stuck with me, but it did. It's from (don't laugh) Tom & Jerry The Movie. It came out in 1992, and for some reason I had the soundtrack...I think because I loved this song. Anyway - it just has a nice sound to it, D seems to like it, and it's just comes out of me frequently...so I'll stick with it. Here it is if you want to hear it...

No comments: