Friday, March 13, 2009

Large & In Charge

Did I mention our big boy finally had his 4 month doctor appointment on Tuesday? (Even though he's 4 1/2 months!)
My big boy is 16 pounds and 26 inches long! Wowzer!

I think he's starting to change his routines, just when I thought he had one! It's harder for me to get him to nurse (which I think is because he's hungry less often and I still think he wants to eat all the times he used to) and because he's so alert and SUPER distracted by everything. I think he's also starting to get a tooth - as he's drooly-droolerson and chewing his hands ALL the time! He still sleeps well, thank goodness!
I don't mind that everything is changing - I just can't believe how fast time is flying and how big he's getting! It seems so crazy that he's almost 5 months old! I used to look at the 5 month olds in breastfeeding group and thought I'd NEVER get to that stage!

Speaking of which - I'm meeting some of the girls from breastfeeding group on Sunday at a new little coffeehouse in Batavia - and I'm really excited to see them again. We e-mail eachother when we have questions and concerns - - but there are so many things that are starting to concern me with all this nursing stuff that it will be nice to be able to talk to people that are going through it too! Plus, I love seeing how all the babies are growing and changing - just like D! (Last time we met it had been awhile since they'd seen him and couldn't believe he was the same baby!)

Happy weekend all! I'm SO glad it's here!

No comments: