Monday, March 9, 2009

Welcome Dylan

Dain's cousin Jessica and her husband Luke welcomed their baby boy into the world on Sunday morning! Dylan was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and mommy and baby were both super healthy and happy. He is super cutie with a full head of hair!
We stopped by the hospital to visit him on his literal date of birth - and there was a room full of others there as well. I was so happy to see Jessica so welcoming...I was NOT like that 8 hours after giving birth!
We brought D to meet his new little cousin...and realized just how HUGE this boy of MINE really is. MAN, he was smaller than Dylan at birth - and at nearly 4 and a half months he's a giant in comparison. Here he is with the baby, being held by my father-in-law (the proud great uncle) and Dain. HA - that's three Dain's and a Dylan in one photo!

It did make me sad a little, in the midst of all the joy. There was Jessica and her husband and baby and all these joyous visitors in a mother-baby room where the baby got to stay as well as the mommy. I never had that. I didn't get to share my baby with so many people, and didn't get to experience that joy/relaxation/etc in the hospital where you spent time getting to know your baby and recouping for your time when you'd get to go home. My days at the hospital were spent in total fear and pacing back and forth between my room and the NICU just waiting for the next chance to hold my little man, and hope that they'd tell me he was doing okay and could come home soon.

Okay - I don't want to be a martyr - that's not what I'm looking for. Just recording my thoughts here peeps. I'm SUPER excited that my little boy will have a little boy cousin to play with so close and so close in age. Maybe they'll even be in the same school together someday!

And - the ultimate cheer-up...look how cute this booger is:

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Aw, that picture of D is so awesome. He's got his pimp going on :) Glad to hear he is feeling better!

Kim said...

D is looking so big especially next to a newborn!! I can relate with on the being in the hospital without your baby thing. It really stinks.