Thursday, January 21, 2010

D's First Bad Review

No - not a bad review of him...although he did "show his temper" to the babysitter during lunch yesterday, apparently. (My mother-in-law will not believe that though).

Nope - this blog is D giving his first bad review.
My child who loves everything that even LOOKS like a book found the first (within his age realm) that he wouldn't even sit through or flip through. Although it was a fooler...
I (well, and D) traditionally love every book that Dr. Seuss wrote or endorsed. The new mini-board book versions are a hit in my house - and I can never say no to a new book. We went to Barnes & Noble tonight to look for something for me - and with no luck we walked back to the children's books. With the success of the mini Dr. Seuss books in my house - and their SUPER perfect size just right for reading on his lap in the car...I thought I could use part of my gift card on him. I pulled down "The Nose Book". I thought it would be a new favorite because 1> he absolutely LOVES "The Eye Book" and 2> all he wants to do these days is point out noses...mine, Dain's, my 5 month old nephew's last weekend, you name it AND 3> he immediately grabbed it and refused to let go.
He held it on his lap while he slept on the way home - and when we came in and sat down to read it...he pushed it away and got up. I set it down with him and his other books that he was flipping through later - and he just casually tossed it aside. WHAT?!?

So - D gives this book a thumbs down.

It will be going back to Barnes & Noble to be exchanged for "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" (to hopefully coax out that moo sound we've been working on) OR "In a People House" (a previous favorite) which I'm HOPING they put on the mini-books soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He may suddenly decide he likes the nose book one of these days. You never know what's going on in their little heads on a given day.

Mim said...

So true, Anonymous, you mysterious writer, so true...............