Thursday, January 7, 2010

See You in the Morning

Another book review by the number one book fan of all time, D!

We have a new book from the library that we love at bedtime, and that even makes me cry a little sometimes. It's an adorable book that I'm immediately going to order and make our new "night-night" book (which is the final book of the night that's always the same and that is directly before we shut off the light and nurse/rock to sleep).

It's called (literally) I'll See You in the Morning, and it's sweet, simple, loving, and just perfect. I think it's a great book for students of attachment parenting or Dr. Sears - which includes moi.

Here's the lines from the book:
----------------
I'll see you in the morning, for now it's time to sleep. I will stay and watch a while...till you are counting sheep.

Don't be afraid of darkness. Don't be afraid, my sweet. The night is just a blanket that helps the Earth to sleep.

Creatures great and creatures small will all be sleeping soon. Under the same blanket...under the same moon.

So close your eyes and go to sleep, by the light of the moon above. I'll see you in the morning - in the light of the sun my love.

Dream your dreams of moonbeams. Let the night become your friend. The twinkling stars will keep you safe till morning comes again.

I'll be here if you need me, I'm only steps away. So close your eyes and go to sleep and dream of a brand-new day.

Good night...sleep tight...I'll see you in the morning.


--------------

Don't you just love it? Gets me every time. I'll see YOU later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of that book, but I certainly want it now! XO

Mim said...

Oh anonymous - yet another mysterious comment. Reveal yourself!!!!