Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year - So Different

Ha - it's 2010. What? 2010?!?!

I seriously can't believe it - I couldn't believe when it was 2000...and suddenly 10 years have passed since then? Unbelievable. I am seeing so many people with blog posts/facebook updates/e-mails/etc saying something similar. I don't think anyone realized how fast this year crept up on us.

Ah well...HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

I saw a few minutes of one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time, When Harry Met Sally, the other night. At the end of the movie it's New Year's Eve and Harry (Billy Crystal) brings up the hit Auld Lang Syne - and the lyrics - and how he never really understood them.

Here are the lyrics for those who want to contemplate as Harry does...

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne?


There's of course more to the song (like 5 verses!) but just watch this 2 1/2 minutes of one of the greatest closing scenes in cinema history. You'll hear Harry's "rant" on this song...

I'm remembering all of you, old friends, and I'm trying to remember those of you I forgot as well. Happy 2010!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great clip Marie! Every time I see that movie I think of you:) Happy New Year to you and the fam as well.

SJ from TN