Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Kicks

D needed some new shoes. He's a walker. FULL time. We have no time for crawling...unless he's laughing too hard to walk.

Anywho - D had one pair of shoes (period) that we bought him awhile back from JC Penney on a whim with a free $10 coupon (get on JC Penney's mailing list - they send you free money). They are cute gray "skater" sneakers. However - the soles are really thick and don't move with D's feet very well. Most cheap baby shoes are like that...which isn't as easy for him to get around in. Hence why my child is never wearing shoes.

So - I was told by numerous people - as well as my husband to suck it up and spend some money on some new good shoes for him. Stride Rite is always the company that comes to mind - but I couldn't fathom $45 for a pair of shoes out of nowhere. So, I remembered I had a Von Maur credit - and that they have a children's shoe department. We went there - and here's what we got...

These are by Pediped...and their company logo is "the next best thing to bare feet". The shoes have a super flexible sole, easy to maneuver velcro, and they are "well ventilated". Whatever, he looks cute - I only spent a few dollars out of pocket (thank you merchandise credit that has been in my wallet for about a year) - and he walks great in them.
We'll still use the little grey sneakers too - and if he doesn't match sometimes - well, guess what - he's 1.

No comments: