Friday, January 15, 2010

Steel Magnolias

Okay - this still isn't about the Museum trip...maybe someday I'll get to that.

I have been over-busy with work, a sick baby (I was out of the office 2.5 days this week, Dain 1 day and my mom took over the other .5 this afternoon - thanks mom!!), and the theater. YES - I'm still involved with my theater (and the community theater world as a whole). Hence the blog a week or so ago about turning down two of my dream roles - for roles I didn't even audition for no less.

One of those was a role in Steel Magnolias - an amazing play, and an amazing movie. (If you have never seen the movie - you must be under a rock...let me help you move that out of the way and get your buttocks to Blockbuster).
My theater, Geneva Underground Playhouse is putting on Steel Magnolias in mid to late February. I may not be IN the show - but I'm still pulling my duties in the PR department - including poster design, press releases, program design, etc. etc. etc.

Here's the poster I recently completed. Feel free to let me know if you want to share it at your place of work, on your blog, etc. and I'll get you a copy or the jpg.

And if you want to come - let me know!! It's an amazing show - with many quotable lines...some of which we overuse in my family. "It's like I always say - If you can't say anything nice about anyone, come sit by me!".

2 comments:

Stephanie Wells said...

I love the poster! I would like that for my bathroom... or somewhere...

Mim said...

Shelbie was right - my hair DOES look like a brown football helmet!