Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Little Things

I've become a little bit more "aware" of myself since becoming pregnant. It's weird to feel all the sudden like you know your body better than you ever have. Although, I did go to the doctor yesterday and realized I didn't "know" my body was gaining so much weight!! :)

I've also become very aware of the little things that give me an unexpected feeling of happiness. Stupid stuff. Like, in my last blog I mentioned how one little thing that I've always appreciated is a new box of crayons. Seriously, $1.99 and I smile for months...for no real reason. But now, I'm noticing things more and more.

With all the big things that stress us out and cost so much, isn't it nice to know that there are things like a new box of crayons that can mean so much?

It's so easy to find little smiles...for me it's:
-brand new crayons
-watching an episode of Gilmore Girls
-eating Trix cereal
-walking in the rain
-finishing a book
-that moment before the lights go up on the stage
-coffee with cream
-the smell of tomatoes fresh from a garden
-AND SO MUCH MORE

What are some of yours?

2 comments:

Stephanie Wells said...

This, as most people who know me would agree, is a downfall of mine. I don't really appreciate little things. So it will take me a while to think of some, but I will damn it. And then I will post them :)

Anonymous said...

MINE:
1. The sky when it's about to rain;
2. The smell of someone mowing grass (rare in Vegas);
3. The sound of Joey singing the ABCs;
4. Sitting on the couch with Joey and eating popcorn;
5. When Joey says "Hi Mommy" with his nose pressed up to mine;
6. Hearing Joey say I love you to my parents on the phone;
7. Holding hands with my boyfriend;
8. Vanilla ice cream with Fruity Pebbles on top;
9. The fountains at the Bellagio;
10. A good glass of white wine.
Just a few of a thousand things - I could probably name a million about Joey alone.