Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Weekend - By: Marie

Titling things like this makes me feel like I'm in grade school - and with kids getting ready to go back to school I figured it was a perfect title. MAN I miss buying school supplies. That's the best. I still buy a new box of crayons about once a year...don't ask why...I just love them and it makes me feel nostalgic. Seriously, is there anything better in the world than a new box of crayons??

Alright - enough of that tangent. I did have a pretty great weekend, even without new crayons.

My BFF/sister-in-law Stephanie was in for the weekend from Seattle for her 10 Year Reunion. I got to see her part of each day and it was great. It's never enough - we need to live in the same town, as we say all the time! Someday it will happen. Until then, we take advantage of any time we have together - though we didn't really do anything big and exciting at all this weekend. It's a lot of just hanging out...but that's what we do best.

On Friday afternoon I went back to the doctor for another ultrasound. It was a fairly boring one, as they were just looking at Boogie's heart...but they did sneak a peak to confirm that he is 100% boy. That's a relief...I was afraid it would change again! Stephanie went with and wanted a look at his face, but he was literally bent in half facing down playing with his toes!! No child of mine is a foot-lover...I will have to have a talk with him when he comes out :)

Friday night, Dain and I got the dresser for Boogie's room all put together. It looks even better in person - and the wood is a beautiful dark color. Boogie now has a nicer dresser than we do! This picture doesn't really make it look as dark and pretty as it is...but you get the idea.

Saturday was fairly tame. I got the house clean, saw Steph for a few hours in the afternoon - and had pizza with the in-laws. Dain and I saw "The Dark Knight" that night. I'm SO impressed with Heath Ledger's performance! Wow...it makes me sad to know that he'll never get to keep expanding his careers by taking on even more in-depth characters.

Sunday was a good one. Stephanie joined Dain and I on our trek down to Chenoa for my grandma's 90th birthday celebration. It was an open house held at the nursing home, and lots of my dad's cousins showed up making it a very successful birthday party.
Here's me and Chummie, the b-day girl:
I also got a cute shot of Stephanie and my niece, Amelia: (Sidenote: Stephanie, how come we never get photos together??)

That was that.

And - the photo you've been waiting for since Week 20 - my belly shot. Here's me at 24+ weeks (6 months+!). I'm huge.

6 comments:

marcy said...

your grandma is the CUTEST!!!!! i love grandmas, they're my fav!

(ps my word below is fabwumn just say that word aloud to yourself and maybe you will chuckle a lil like i did - am i the only lamewad who consistently gets a charge out of the word verifications?!)

Anonymous said...

You are so not huge. You're so cute. I can't wait to see you in person!

Stephanie Wells said...

Ok I decided these pregnancy photos you've been putting up are inaccurate somehow. You look much bigger in person. I'm not sure what that's about. Thanks for a great weekend and here's to hoping we have another one soon in SEATTLE?!!?!

Brianne said...

I completely agree with Stephanie. The pregancy pic does not do your belly and little Boogie justice.

Anonymous said...

I loved the pics from Grandma's party . I wish I could have been there too. Sadness is my name. You and your belly are adorable, and not too big.. :) HA HA that Boogie loves his toes! In one of my ultrasounds, Joey was sucking on his feet. Hilarity.

ps. To Marcy - I also am a lamewad who finds hysterical humor with myself in trying to pronounce the word verifications. What is the purpose of this anyway? Why can't I just post without trying to decifer some ridiculous sounding non-word??

laura said...

you are looking pregnant, perfectly. congratulations! p.s. i have some super cute gender neutral clothes for baby (barely worn) that i'd love to send. plus i might have some other goodies around here that i'd be glad to give/loan you. have you thought about pumping and/or bottles? i have some glass ones i'd be glad to send. any other baby items you still need? and of course i have a great little goodie kit for you & baby when the time comes. so obviously the point of this story is that i need your address sometime in the next couple of months!!!! xoxo lh.