Monday, December 22, 2008

Diapers and the Rule Of 3

Many things to report today...

D is up to 11 lbs. 14 oz.! Woohoo!

Diapers
Well - my little man is a diaper-filling machine. For those who didn't know - we're using cloth diapers. We have several different kinds/methods. Prefolds with covers, fitteds (that are now too small), and one-size insert diapers. No matter what the kind though - D finds a way to pee through them - or poop - depending on the day.
Yeah - we're still experimenting with folds and inserts, so eventually we'll get to the right method for us.
I thought disposables were a bulletproof alternative for those times when we needed to stay totally dry...like heading to a photo session or going to the doctor's office. (I always have a few on hand). The answer...NOPE! Little man is just a diaper-loader...and it sneaks out of all types of diapers. Needless to say I do a LOT of laundry around here - considering I have to wash all his diapers too!

Rule of 3
Random realization of the day:
For those of you who don't know me...I get very attached to certain shows/movies that I can watch repeatedly. There are a select few - but they are there and I own the DVDs. Gilmore Girls, Felicity and Friends are the TV shows that I could watch on repeat...and with Gilmore Girls I frequently do. I have seen every episode a minimum of 5 times I'm sure...and could watch only that show forever.
I recently noticed that something/someone is causing my DVD's to disappear. Oddly enough - it's happened to all my favorite shows - and ALL in Season 3! I'm missing a DVD from Season 3 in my Gilmore Girls set, my Felicity set (I think, though Stephanie must confirm as she's got it), and I recently discovered the loss in my Friends set! WHAT? That's so weird! I never lose DVD's, and none of them are ANYWHERE. I've checked ALL my DVD cases, behind the DVD players, under the entertainment centers, and even totally random places that don't make sense. I think I have something with 3rd Seasons. This is bad. How do I replace those? Hmm...just an interesting thing I thought I'd share.

On the same line of the Rule of 3:
Pictures of D in 3's - look how the face angle is the same in these 3!

Sleepy (did I mention he slept 30 hours straight the other day, waking only every a few hours to eat with barely an eye open!)

Playful (he loves the play yard)

Serious (this was after a bath)

No comments: