Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed...and for once it's not with fear or laundry...

Yep - the past few days I've just been overwhelmed with love. I am truly loving this motherhood thing.
I get to look at this beautiful boy all day every day and can't believe I lived 28 years without him. He is so perfect, and such a good baby. I'm so lucky.

All this is wonderful...but I think it's a result of the fact that I have to go back to work on 29th and I have no idea how this is going to work.
No - I have no idea how it works to leave your child with daycare all day. Granted, I'm going to visit the daycare lady tomorrow with the D man, so we'll get to the bottom of most of my questions. However, I'm talking about how to actually, emotionally leave my child for the day with someone that's not me, that's NOT going give him the attention that I do. Our daycare (in-home in Roselle) lady is great, but she won't be able to solely focus on my little man, as there are other kids there, including HERS. So, I don't know how it will work. I guess he's going to have to be more self-sufficient at the age of 9 weeks. Plus how am I going to be able to make it through my day without seeing him, or breastfeeding, etc.? Yeah I'm going to pump at work but this is just blowing my mind. I thought I would never make it through that first week with him - and now I only have a week and a half left. This sucks.

So - to cheer us up - here's some photos of him...
After a bath...
Enjoying his play yard...
The butt of his Christmas outfit given to him by his great grandma & grandpa Meyer...
Enjoying his bath in the bathtub for the first time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I like your blog! Check out my blog for a free internet speed test. Comments appreciated!

--->Free Internet Speed Test<---

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about daycare Inigo. It's a great thing that you found someone that you like, and trust, and it's even better that you are going to take D to meet with her soon. That will put your mind at rest. I remember when I first took Joey to daycare (at 7 weeks old!!) and I felt like my heart was being ripped out, but it got better every day, and I ended up enjoying being at work again. Call me with anything. I know exactly how you are feeling right now, and sometimes you just need someone who can empathize with you.

Brianne said...

Aw, so sweet. this brought tears to my eyes Marie! And I love the cute little reindeer butt, and how chilled out he looks in the bath. So cute!

Unknown said...

My sweet little Marie. I hate that you have to leave your little guy already. It seems like he just arrived! I remember your sisters and how sad they were; but things did get better after a while. It helped Theresa to call me about 4 times throughout the day for a while to check on Amelia! I'm sure your sitter will give him lots of care and love.

Sara T said...

I felt a similar way when I had to go back to work after Gavin (8 weeks and back to work after Griffin 5 weeks) it is difficult but I called the sitter a lot to put my mind at ease. Just a suggestion. The first day will be the most difficult but it will become easier as the days go on.