Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He Sleeps Through the Night...with a Fever

Yep - the first time D sleeps through the night since he was about 2 1/2 months old (and by this I mean 6 hours) and it's all because he's had a 103 degree fever.

So I'm home today with sickie - and we just got back from the doctor. We had to see a different physician because our pediatrician is out on Wednesdays - and I don't like this guy - we've seen him before - but whatever. Anyway, D has an ear infection in one ear, and still has a fever 20 some hours later. We were sent home with Amoxicillan (which I'm allergic to, I hope he's not) and orders to alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours that his fever continues. Poor little man has been basically just sleeping since last night at about 7:30. He gets up to nurse but that's about it.

It's hard seeing my boy not himself. He's not smiley or laughing or even wanting to eat much. I hope he gets back to this guy soon...


(all taken earlier this week - before the illness set in)

2 comments:

Stephanie Wells said...

Chub-a-roo! Look at those rosy cheeks-- is that from the fever or is he just a rosy? Or is it just the camera being funky? Can't believe how humungus he is! How do you spell humungus by the way? Hope he is one the mend but keeps that good sleeping habit :)

Mim said...

Look at those cheeks! And those eyes! What a little dreamboat!!!