Friday, August 28, 2009

NEW Nephew! (with PHOTO)

Welcome to the World WILLIAM ALAN MILLER.
My sister Theresa gave birth to her third child this morning at 10:30. He was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 19 inches long with a full head of dark hair. HERE'S A PHOTO:

Little mommy called me 2 hours after giving birth and sounded like she was on cloud nine, and seemed to be in no pain. He was sleeping in the bassinet right next to her while we talked, and as jealous as I was that she gets an in-room baby, I could not have been happier. I'm so thrilled to hear that yet another baby arrived happy and healthy.

William, who will go by Will, was named after my late grandpa William "Bill" Boian. If the name carries anything, this will be one lucky baby.
My grandfather was one of the best human beings that has probably ever lived. He was healthy as a horse to age 93. He did sit-ups and push-ups every single morning of his life. He was a farmer by trade, and then probably the best gardener to ever meet dirt. He was fiercely loyal to his family. He was kind, gentle, strong, handsome and smart. I cannot say enough about him, and still miss him every day.

You've got some big shoes to fill, Will...but I'm confident you will live up to the name.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Congratulations! So neat that the D-man will have a cousin so close in age! I bet they'll be best-buds :)

Sara T said...

Congratulations to everyone! Such a great family name....