Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Vegas Baby


It should say Vegas Baby. Not Vegas, Baby.

D is going to be a Vegas baby this weekend. YEP. We're taking him with us on a mini-excursion to Sin City. Might as well start him early.

We're actually going for a wedding of two of our friends, Andy and Bri, and to visit my sister Natalie who is a permanent resident of Las Vegas!

Okay yes - it's silly to take a 9 1/2 month old child to Vegas. I GET IT. But I'm not ready to leave him for 3 days/nights yet - and I want him to be able to see Natalie, whom he's only met once!

The trip should be fine. D's such a good kid (minus sleeping) that I am thinking the plane ride and trip should go much better than we initially anticipated. We have plans for the plane that include his FIRST sippy cup, toys, books and Baby Einstein DVDs on Grandpa & Grandma's portable DVD player.
We're also renting a car seat and jogging stroller when we get out to Vegas. I didn't know you could rent these things - but there are companies that rent EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING - and it's affordable too! It will be nice to have a full-size stroller with plenty of storage and a reclining seat for the man. They are delivering right to the airport - so we can hop right in to Aunt Natalie's car and be on our way.

True - I won't be able to gamble (which I hate) or get drunk and stupid, or heck even stay out past 8:00 Vegas time...but that's not important to me. I am looking forward to watching movies, taking a bath every night and showing D the Bellagio fountains and the moving statues of Caesar's. I'm looking forward to taking D for his first swim in a pool, seeing my sister's house, and visiting with friends and family that will be at the wedding. I'm looking forward to our room at the Monte Carlo, good food and just being away from work.

Oh and I'm looking forward to sleep...wait...well...we can't have everything!

No comments: