Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Flavia

Many of you may be familiar with "Flavia" art. This collection of inspriational art and writings is created by Flavia Weedn. Her work is very recognizable.

On D and I's last trip to the library - one of the board books we checked out was a Flavia book called "When I Grow Up" - and we LOVE it.

As we do with every library book we have for the week (or two week) stretch between visits - we read at least one of them in the bedtime book rotation each night. This book has made it in every night. It's a great book - only a few words on a page with Flavia's great illustrations.

When I grow up, I might be...a rainbow or a wise old tree. Maybe a fireman, or a nurse, or a doctor with an alligator purse. I could be a clown with a funny hat...or a red balloon, imagine that. I might be a drummer in a marching band, or the ruler of a magical land. When I grow up, my dreams will come true...because I'm special just like you.

I love that this book promotes imagination. If you want to be a rainbow someday - be a rainbow. If you want to be a red balloon - it floats with me. If you want to be the ruler of a magical land - rule on. Dreams are limitless...I want D to believe that his opportunities are too. In fact, I hope he becomes a wise old tree :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Wells said...

I think I had a Flavia planner a long time ago...

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^