Friday, July 25, 2008

Go Green!

So - we MAY have reached a compromise!

I was sitting and thinking..."how will I possibly find a way to: compromise with Dain, still incorporate a handmade quilt, be able to put my creativity to use, and be happy with a room all at once"?? Then it hit me! Everything we liked as an idea, and a lot of things we both enjoy are GREEN or can be associated with green. SO - the green room has been born! (Plus, the backstage area where actors get ready for a show is called the Green Room as well - PERFECTION).

Picture this: I'm having the woman restart a new quilt in all shades of green. It will be fantastic! Then, my mom will make the bumper and skirt (you will, won't you mom?) in a shade of green. We'll paint the walls greens (I'm thinking stripes!!). AND THEN, I plan to make small canvases with simple black outlines of "green things" with a green water-wash over them, and hang them all together to make cool art. Some of the green things are: a tree, a DINOSAUR, a baseball diamond, PETER PAN, peas, a recycling symbol, a CRAYON, a frog (Kermit?), etc. etc. etc. I'm excited - so if you don't like this idea...don't come over :)

3 comments:

Brianne said...

I love it! Great idea!

marcy said...

brilliant! and the brown chair will look really nice with green! did you get my text about the cute store in naperville? they had really cute antique looking baseball baby room signs i think you would have liked if dain had forced a baseball theme. but green is much better!

Anonymous said...

Love the outline idea! Especially the dinosaur - you could also do the outline of a monster too. That might be cute - like the ones from Monsters, Inc. or something?