Friday, July 18, 2008

Party Time

NO - these still aren't my Florida photos - I'll get to them next time.

I just wanted to post that apparently it's party time in my stomach! Petunia is rockin out in there!

She had been kicking me...but it just felt like little nerve pinches. My doctor confirmed that, in fact, that was her. It was amazing to know that - but still didn't really feel like much to me yet. Plus Dain (and my mom on the plane) was frustrated that he couldn't feel what I felt. It was still too soft to feel from the outside.
This progressed to feeling her swish around in there - almost like she was doing somersaults in my belly. Again, amazing, but not the exact feeling of a baby that you see/hear about/feel on your sister's stomach.
THEN CAME THIS MORNING...I had picked up a bagel at Dunkin Donuts this morning as I was famished upon waking up, and washed it down with orange juice. (I normally can't drink orange juice because of my ulcer - but this kid LOVES fruit). About 5 minutes after finishing my last bite of my bagel - the party started! I felt her kicking (or punching) the top of my stomach. I would have thought it was just rumblings - except for the fact that my stomach was jumping - and I could feel the movement on the outside - finally! What an amazing experience. I can't explain how awesome it was to feel that for the first time.

This makes me want a bagel and orange juice every day. (Wow, I really AM my dad!)

No comments: