Saturday, July 5, 2008

WE FOUND OUT!

Ultrasound #2 was this morning...we went in with my full bladder (30 more ounces of water in the hour before I went in)...and we found out...



It's a GIRL!! (I used a baseball "it's a girl" sign I found online for Dain's comfort). We're thrilled! We got to see the coolest images of her bouncing around in there, and literally crossing her arms in front of her face while we were looking in!! Everything looks good - and now the shopping begins!

Here's her first profile pic - head to the right - you can see her nose, mouth and chin! And, look at that spine!! (You can click on the photo to make it bigger).

A few interesting tidbits from our ultrasound:

1. Apparently it's just a 75% shot that she's a girl. The tech said the sex organs aren't full developed until 20 weeks, so testicles maaaaay not have dropped yet...however he pointed out the girl parts to us which looked real obvious. Also he referred to her as a "her" the rest of the appointment. Dain left saying that if we can see the kidneys and the umbilical cord that clearly - we would have noted the boy parts...so we're going with G-I-R-L!

2. I was 18 weeks and 6 days at the appointment, but her head measured at 20 weeks and a few days. Umm...I hope that head growth slows down - I don't want to think about pushing out a huge noggin!!

3. She weighs about a pound. I read in my book today that at 19 weeks babies weigh about 8 oz. - so is my baby just HUGE or what??

5 comments:

Brianne said...

That's so awesome lady! Can't wait to see the ultra sound pictures :)

marcy said...

SHE ALREADY IS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!! I AM SOO SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS AND THINK YOU'LL MAKE THE CUTEST PARENTS OF A LIL GIRLIE. SHE WILL BE JUST A DOLL. I ONLY LIKE BIG BABIES SO I'M GLAD SHE'S ALREADY A BIGGIN. I ALSO CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR FIRST SHOWER TO GIVE YOU THE THINGS I BOUGHT TODAY - WHEN WILL THAT BE?! I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO WAIT!!
LOVEEE YOUUUU

Anonymous said...

oh im so excited for ya! congrats on the girl!!! so do you have any names picked out?

Kim said...

Congrats on having a girl!! She already looks cute!

Stephanie Wells said...

ok, first, this child looks like bev did as a baby. for sure. and bev did have a HUGE head. Second, they're always wrong about weights and stuff in utero-- but i'm sure you already know that. Third, I also think this child looks sort of like amelia, so I haven't decided yet if the 4th boian grandchild is going to be another clone or if this will break the eerie streak of boian dominance. ask dain if he thinks she looks like evan. whoa-- picture a little female evan!