Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Weekend - Other Than the Big News

So - besides finding out that Petunia is, in fact, a GIRL (see my previous post)...we had a pretty eventful weekend!

It was the 4th of July on Friday - and this usually brings Dain & I's annual themed party on the 3rd. With the development of Petunia, we passed the torch to Dain's brother Evan and his 2 roommates. They hosted a Hawaiian/Tiki Party on Friday evening. Here's some classic photos from that evening:
Evan & his dog Reggie - 2 of the Hosts
Firework Wrappers, A Greasy Plate, and A Plastic Cup - Sums It Up Well
Marcy & I's Classic Pose (I'm Really Not Drunk, Though I Look It!)

Saturday Dain and I headed to the hospital for all the news of our girl...then were off to the Kane County Flea Market - one of my favorite activities! This once-a-month event is HUGE, overtaking the entire Kane County Fairgrounds. You can find everything from plants, to sunglasses, to antique jewelry and furniture. It's great...but a bit overwhelming. We were just keeping our eye out for any storage benches for our living/dining room - when we ran across it...a legged cedar chest - antique and in beautiful condition - that seemed to look like a match to my grandparents dining set that graces our living room. After discovering that the price was a steal - we took her home... AMAZING! And, it DOES match our set, almost like they were SUPPOSED to go together! Just look at our china cabinet...don't they look like a set?? I'm so proud of our purchase.
After that my sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew and friend all came up to see us and have dinner. It was super nice to have a great meal out.

So - it was a pretty good weekend. I took another picture of my GROWING self. Here I am at 19 weeks. (I missed my 18 week deadline for a photo, sorry!)


Next post will probably be about bedding for Petunia's room!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um excuse me where is the animal?? Haha!
You're very cute!