Monday, July 28, 2008

Winners

We finally have a winner! Dain and I have finally made a decision on something serious...the nursery furniture. This whole process is such a...well, PROCESS when you have to compromise on literally every decision. But, we finally realized it was time to get some things decided, starting with furniture. We looked again at the JC Penney furniture - but something just wasn't right to me. I wasn't about to go back to Babies R Us to look around (see my previous blog on that nightmare). SO - I just started pulling options from online again - and it all has always gone back to the first crib I liked, that I posted in one of my opinion requests. So, we're going with it.
We're going to go with the dresser that matches. It's a little more than we thought we'd spend, but it's real wood, and not that pressboard with the cardboard bottoms that all our other furniture seems to be...so we're thrilled.
I am not thrilled with the changing table that goes with this set (plus it's ridiculously expensive) - so I'm finding out if my dad can build me a simple stand/table that I can put those baskets in. I think it will work a lot better for our intents and purposes, and I'd really like it if I could have something my dad made in the room. Here's a photo of one I like that I sent him to see if it's even a possibility.

FINALLY! Decisions are being made!

No comments: